Thursday, 17 April 2014

Wooliness

 It's been a while since I posted here, I have been concentrating on using up my stash and will post the results soon.  Meantime, here are some pictures of sheep I snapped yesterday, this is the nursery field where new lambs and mothers go for the first 24 hours after birth.  A nice Jacob (?) ewe and her black lamb, with the Texels.
 I didn't want to get too close or linger too long so as not to upset them as they were a bit skittish, here's a couple of twins.
This ewe was more relaxed, perhaps older and more used to people passing by.  Her lamb was just a couple of hours old and still a bit wobbly on the pins.  Still lots of ewes to lamb, lambing starts mid April here and lasts for about 10 days, as these sheep do not get shelter and have to lamb outdoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment