Monday, 1 April 2013

Using Up the Stash

 I'm on a mission to use up a lot of my stash and on-the-go projects before buying any more yarn.  So here is a long scarf made from 1.75 balls of Rowan Lace which I had left over from another project.  I do like Rowan Lace, and its softness makes a scarf a perfect choice.  This pattern was in Simply Knitting, and I love the decorative edge the stitch pattern makes.
 Here's a close-up of the pattern, not difficult to do as long as you remember where you are!  But I must confess that I was ready to finish it as handling a python like project is a bit tiresome.
 It is very long, and since the weather is still so cold there's plenty of time to wear it!


 Here's another stash project finished this week, a crochet  jacket which I intend to wear with a short sleeved T shirt in warmer temperatures than we have at the moment!  This was light relief from the long scarf.
I had really hoped the jacket would use up the yarn I had left - this was an Ebay bargain, cost around £5 and so far has produced a lacy sweater and the crochet jacket.  Will it never end?  So now I have to find more to knit with this yarn................... 

No comments:

Post a Comment