Wednesday, 12 September 2012

Woolly Layers

 Just as the weather starts to turn colder, I have finished my first woolly knit of the season.  This year I'm trying to create garments which can be layered with other types of clothes as the season demands.  This short sleeved sweater is just perfect for that, here it is with a cotton top underneath.
The pattern is easy and knitted in dk so it grows quickly.  This yarn was an ebay find, oiled for machine knitting so I did take a chance.  It has fluffed up beautifully after washing so should be warm too.  I have enough left for another sweater so my £8.50 went a long way!  The picture doesn't do it justice, the colour is a marked pink, for some reason the camera washes out the colour from the sides.  Lace knitting is certainly fashionable at the moment, but you don't have to knit in laceweight,  this sweater shows what you can do with a more bulky yarn.

The pattern is from The Ultimate Knitting Stylebook which was a magazine/book published earlier this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment