Monday, 18 July 2011

Gansey update - July

It's been a while since I posted about the gansey. It's progressing, albeit slowly, but since it's a Christmas present that doesn't matter. As the year wears on, I'm trying to do a few rounds every day - more than that it becomes a chore as it is so big and heavy now. I'm trying not to think about how long it needs to be to fit a 6'2" man before I get to the armholes!

Anyway, I've finally got the cables to my satisfaction, decided that 7 rows is the optimum number between crossings. The triangular "thingies" are also looking good and the moss stitch panels provide a nice contrast to the more interesting panels. All in all, going well.


2 comments:

  1. I think the triangular "thingies" are pennants or flags, don't you? I used them in a smaller size on a pair of socks I made last year, alternating them with "ladders" up the leg.

    I don't envy you making the gansey for a 6ft2in chap. Mine's 6ft4in and it takes me about 6 months to make him a sweater. Good luck!

    Melinda in Accrington

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melinda
    I think you're right about the flags,and yes, I think 6 months or so for this sweater is about right. Knitting for a man is such hard work...

    ReplyDelete