Sunday, 10 April 2011

Wray

Another piece of spring/summer knitting; this is Wray by Lily France, a short sleeved cardi knitted in laceweight. I used Debonnaire Lace by EHD Knits, 80% merino, 20% silk and it was perfect for this project. It is faintly striped as you can see better in the picture below, and I do have quite a bit left over, so very good value for money.
Knitting a cardi in laceweight was a new one for me, I liked the pattern but one of the instructions was "knit the knits and purl the purls"; now when you're knitting in laceweight it's not terribly easy to see which is which unless you're in absolutely perfect light. Still, once I'd got my head round the patterning it was quite enjoyable, all except the arm pleats which were extremely fiddly. I did more buttonholes than the pattern required; I could say it was by design but actually it was by accident. It's unlikely I'll ever use all the buttonholes, but I've put a button for each one just so it looks right. Anyway, it fits beautifully and I'm looking forward to wearing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment