Sunday, 5 December 2010

The Knitting Marathon

At this time of year I usually have a lot of projects on the needles. I find certain things, such as socks, uncomfortable if I work on them for too long, and some patterns need more concentration than others. So in the gap between finishing my first Christmas present and obtaining the yarn for the next one, I started this - the Bayberry Wrap from The Knitter magazine. This pattern is for subscribers and comes in four parts. I've now finished part 1, but part 2 will have to wait until I've finished my Christmas knitting. I've used the Blue Faced Leicester I bought in September - so soft to knit.
So this is part 1 of my Mum's christmas present - a lace scarf knitted in Manos lace. I've never used this yarn before and it is gorgeous. The only disappointment is that the pattern is a little unclear and contains errors. It's from Simply Knitting magazine but why a complex pattern like this is in Simply Knitting I don't know!
And this is a lace sweater, again from Simply Knitting magazine. Mum chose King Cole Riot for this, have just finished the back. I like the yarn though with its high acrylic content I'd never wear it as I have a major problem with static electricity when wearing artificial fibres. It's a simple lace pattern, easy to do.
I've also knitted my first sock in Noro Silk Garden sock - nice yarn but it knits bigger than standard 4 ply. I've put this aside now as I'm working on a pair of socks for Other Half, in Zauberball.

No comments:

Post a Comment