Saturday, 13 November 2010

Noro Sweater No 2

I've now finished my second Noro sweater, and here it is. It's pattern 08 from Noro Catwalk 2 by Jenny Watson. A gentle cable and lace pattern, easy to learn. The sizing is generous, could have made a size smaller I think, but it fits well anyway. I only did 88 stitches for the sleeves instead of the 98 recommended.
The thing about Noro is that sewing up can be difficult, if you don't want to have obvious stitches running along the seams. The way I handle it is a little like mattress stitch, but on the wrong side. By running the needle through the border stitches and pulling tight, it creates an invisible seam.
Here it is - the seam was worked in green (you can just see a little of it at the bottom) but it's completely invisible on the blue and pink. Anyway, I love this sweater and a bit of colour is welcome on yet another wet and stormy day here in north-west England.

No comments:

Post a Comment