Thursday, 18 November 2010

First Christmas Knitting finished

This week I've finished the first Christmas sweater. I'm quite pleased with it, but I think I need to do some more fitting on the collar - it was shaped using short rows and I didn't find it quite satisfactory. I've put it aside for now so I can have a think about it. But I do like the rib pattern - a combination of slip stitch and twisted rib, which is rather good for a man's sweater, I think.
Today I finished my first Sanquhar glove of the season, completing the thumb. You may notice that there is a clear line where I picked it up. It's quite odd, looks like the orange yarn was knitted a bit tight on the lower part of the thumb, whereas I've knitted it more loosely on the top. I'm hoping it will even out a bit in the blocking - the orange yarn is an oiled machine yarn and should bloom slightly when it's washed. There are a couple of errors in the pattern, which I will correct using swiss darning. So I hope to do the second one perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment