Sunday, 17 October 2010

A crafting weekend

So here's my Sanquhar glove, first finger finished. It's very snug around the hand, a better fit than the Duke one I made last year. The fingers are very fiddly and take some time. The wrist is a bit loose - will see if I can do anything about that with the next one. Anyway, so far, so good.
This is a crochet garter, from a 19th century pattern which is intriguing if a little vague. I think I know how it's supposed to work, but will only find out when it's finished.
And this is something I made using the left over short bits of fleece which were too short to spin. I find sleeping with two pillows too much, but sometimes one pillow isn't enough, so this is a small pillow stuffed with wool which should give a little extra depth but not too much.
I went to John Lewis in the Trafford Centre this week and while there spotted this - a tatting shuttle. Tatting is something I've wanted to do for years, so I've started learning, with mixed results so far. Perhaps by next week I'll have more idea.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, tatting! I've been able to tat since I was a girl. Let us know how you get on.

    If you get stuck and want a "real-life" tutorial, let me know, I'm not far away.
    Melinda J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I also meant to say I'm MelindaJ on Ravelry if you want to PM me.
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Melinda! I'm getting on ok, think I've cracked it now, perhaps will have another go this weekend.

    ReplyDelete