Saturday, 19 June 2010

Tiny Stitches

I finished this cross stitch work for my Mum - she started it 8 years ago and had done most of the flower pots but found the tiny pale stitches of the windows and surround were just beyond her. It's funny, but you can't see the picture at all when you work on it, only when it's done and photographed. She's going to get it framed for her house.
So then I tried my hand at tiny crochet - this is done with sewing thread and a tiny hook from the collection I got at a car boot sale some years ago. I'm planning on doing more of this kind of crochet now I've got the hang of it.

I also finally finished the Balwen fleece this week, another 50 yards of yarn destined for socks. So I've started on Blueface Leicester fleece now, which is a joy to spin after the challenges of the Balwen.

No comments:

Post a Comment