Friday, 21 May 2010

Spring Mesh Cardigan

This week I finally finished the crochet cardigan I've been working on for a couple of months and I'm really pleased with it.

It's an easy pattern, with the body worked in one piece to the armholes. The sleeves are very wide - I thought they might be too wide, but actually the fabric folds really well when you wear it, draping nicely. So the sleeves were fine after all. The sleeves in the photo are fairly long, but could be just 3/4 length. All in all a very successful project, worked in Patons 100% cotton 4 ply, which is a simply gorgeous yarn.

I'm also very pleased with the photo; it has taken me two attempts to get my Other Half to take a photo in focus, with me (roughly as you can see) in the centre of the frame, not miles away as in all his previous efforts. I think we've cracked it..

The pattern is available to buy as a download ($2.50) on Ravelry (you don't have to be a member):
buy now

No comments:

Post a Comment