Saturday, 17 April 2010

Sock wool and crochet

Another week and not a huge amount of progress on my projects. Work has been difficult in the last few months, with sales down so I have been spending quite a bit of time this week working on ways to make more money. Other things have been sidelined as a result.

I did manage to do a little spinning - here is my collection of handspun sock wool so far. In the centre are two kinds of Jacob fleece, at the top is yarn made from fleece I collected in the fields last year and on the left is the finer part of the Balwen fleece which I think will make good socks.
My new crochet cardi is coming along, albeit a little more slowly. This is a close-up of the pattern (unblocked so it's wavey). I have finished the body and spent quite some time working out the pattern for different sizes, with lots of measuring and sums. I'm working on the sleeves now, then all I need to do is decide how to edge it.
The weather is warming up though it's still chilly at nights, so I'm still wearing my woollies. Not a problem for my cat, though, who is still enjoying her favourite On-top-of-the-radiator position!

2 comments: