Saturday, 27 March 2010

This week's progress

I've really got into crochet lately, and this top was a try out for a number of techniques which will lead to a crochet cardigan in the next few weeks (I hope!). This was made from my left over handspun chunky - mostly a jacob/icelandic cross, with some undyed merino. It was fun making it and it's cosy for this time of year when you still need a little warm wool.
I also ripped out and reknitted the sleeves on this top which I made a year ago from my chunky merino - I'd never been entirely happy with them and decided they had to be remade. It was a success, so I can wear this again now.

This week Mum and I went to our local yarn shop in Crawshawbooth; she wanted to buy some cotton for the Aubretia cardigan in August's The Knitter magazine. She settled on Paton's DK in an emerald shade, really nice, and she's started already. I browsed the shop and decided the Paton's 4 ply cotton looked rather perfect for my crochet cotton cardigan. I've worked out the pattern now and hope to be able to get the yarn soon. In the meantime, I have lots of other projects to finish off, as always!

No comments:

Post a Comment