Tuesday, 23 February 2010

Stash busting

This week I finished the aran cardi I started a few weeks ago, in an attempt to clear out the cream swaledale which has been sitting in my cupboard for years. I chose some patterns from A Shetland Knitter's Notebook by Mary Smith and Chris Bunyan and used a yoke cardigan as the basis for the pattern.
Like all experiments, there were some things I could have done better. For example, one of the patterns I chose didn't have the same pattern repeat as the main star pattern, and I made some mistakes in the pattern too. But overall I'm really happy with it, it's a striking cardi and will be just right for spring, when it's too warm for a sweater but not warm enough to go without something woolly.
Having removed wool from my stash, it was time to add some! Here is a skein of alpaca/devon longwool 2 ply. I'm now thinking about what to do with it...

No comments:

Post a Comment