Wednesday, 13 January 2010

I started spinning my alpaca fleece (Sebastian) this week - here is the first bobbin. It took a little practice to get it right, partly because I had just been spinning a much coarser Balwen so had to adjust to this fine fibre. Beautiful though, isn't it?
A few weeks ago I bought some vintage cotton which I found in an antique shop and had to think what to do with it. I've wanted to do summer knitting in cotton for a while, but struggle to find patterns I like, so decided to design one myself, here's a sneak preview. This is the second garment I've designed from scratch and, unlike the first one, looks like being a successful project. I learned a lot from my first efforts. So it will be a sleeveless, pretty thing in mercerised cotton and will be available for purchase on Ravelry once it's done. I've just managed the tricky decreasing for the armholes and will finish the back in the next few days, so it should be ready in a few weeks. The great thing is it looks complicated, but really isn't - my kind of knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment