Sunday, 6 September 2009

Winter Nightwear

As winter approaches, my thoughts turn to cosy nightwear. I've long wanted a nightie made of brushed cotton - nothing nicer on a cold night! A couple of months ago I found a brand new brushed cotton sheet in a charity shop - it cost me all of £3 and so today I finally got around to making it up. I used an earlier nightie as the size model (you can just see it on the left). Unfortunately as I cut it out on the floor the cat who really, really likes clothes (especially on the floor - I often find him on my laundry pile) decided to take up residence. He viewed the scissors as some kind of metal mouse and chased them around for a while.
Here it is - not sexy, just practical!

5 comments:

  1. That's rather nice...............I might take a leaf (sheet?) out of your book soon, I need some new nighties.

    MrsL

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. MrsL

    Thanks! If I may give you a tip which I forgot to include in my piece - use the ready made hems and selvedges to save yourself time. The hems of the body and the sleeves were ready made for me, and by cutting a straight shape I was able to use the selvedges on one side too. I'm all for an easy life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good tip! Will report back when I get it done; ont he lookout for a ncie stripey sheet now LOL

    MrsL

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. great in the Middle East I would think!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As an abaya (the middle-eastern outer garment) I'm afraid it wouldn't pass muster! Too see-through and that neckline is far too low!

    ReplyDelete